Dero makes all sorts of bicycle related items, one of which is the Fixit Station. A fixed stanchion/repair stand, the Fixit station has a fair number of tools attached that will allow the person riding a bike to make minor repairs and adjustments while out and about.
A number of businesses, schools, and organizations have put Fixit Stations in various locations in Omaha. A few years ago, I compiled a list of those stations, created a map, and have tried to keep it up to date. To my knowledge, these are all of the stations in Omaha that are available for public use. If you know of others, please let me know in the comments so that I can add them to the roster.
Here’s the list as I have it right now.
- Parking Garage at the HPER Center
- One at south campus in the parking lot next to the campus bus stop and across the lot from the Scott Conference Center
- Two at two of the student housing units on the main campus.
- southeast corner of the Student Life Center
- west side of the Durham Research Center
Creighton University – just west of the underpass of i480 along Burt Street
Community Bike Project Omaha near 33rd and California Streets.
Metro Community College
- Fort Omaha Campus – Building 10
- South Campus – by bus transfer station
Aksarben Village – near the corner of Mercy Road and Ak-Sar-Ben Drive.
Charles Drew Health Center
Benson – Benson Community Center.